The Belarusian Railway signed a memorandum of understanding with DHL Global Forwarding, China's major logistics company
The talks between the Belarusian Railway and DHL Global Forwarding China, an international division of DHL, the global market leader in the logistics industry, were held on the 9th of April in Minsk. The meeting was attended by the Belarusian Railway Head Vladimir Morozov, CEO of DHL Global Forwarding Asia Pacific Kelvin Leung, Chief Executive Officer of Greater China at DHL Global Forwarding Steve Huang and Zafer Engin, Head of Value Added Services, DHL Global Forwarding China.
The parties considered cargo transportation in container trains along the route China―Europe―China. The realization of the One Belt, One Road initiative and the construction of the Chinese-Belarusian industrial park Great Stone are encouraging factors for the development of freight transportation in the China―Europe―China and China―Belarus―China directions, Vladimir Morozov noted. More than 3000 container trains passed through the territory of Belarus in 2017.
The cooperation between Belintertrans ― Transport-Logistics Center of the Belarusian Railway (BTLC) and DHL Global Forwarding China in freight transportation in the China―EU―China directions has been developing in the last few years. As a result of this cooperation, DHL Global Forwarding China and Belintertrans put into operation a new container train connecting Sian (province of China) and Europe.Read more…
- The rail operators of seven countries discuss the development of freight traffic between China and Europe
- 12 Apr|Corporate News
- The Belarusian Railway put into service additional trains in Minsk―Vilnius direction
- 28 Feb|Passenger News
- The Heads of the Belarusian Railway and the Polish State Railways discussed the results of collaboration
- 21 Feb|Corporate News
- The Belarusian Railway put into service additional trains Minsk—Lviv
- 20 Feb|Passenger News
- The Belarusian Railway transported more than 12 million tons of freight and 5 million passengers in January 2018
- 20 Feb|Corporate News
- The Belarusian Railway delegation will take part in the international rail business forum “Strategic partnership 1520”
- 19 Feb|Corporate News